Nov 7, 2014 @ 05:33 am StyleByCat
Ok, so this is a somewhat weird, convoluted story, but I figured I'd tell it since it's related to the product in today's post. A couple months ago, I ordered Sephora's Glitz & Glam Party Essentials Sampler.
Oct 30, 2014 @ 03:54 am StyleByCat
Simple, black, ombre, cat eye liner to showcase Eazy Duz It mink lashes by Luxy Lash.
Eazy Duz It's crisscross design, volume, and length make them very dramatic lashes, yet they're incredibly lightweight, feels like I'm not wearing lashes at all! The liner design that I paired with these lashes is easy to do, yet looks very dramatic, requiring very few products. I'm considering making a tutorial/pictorial for it.
- Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil in Dark Gray and gel eyeliner in Black
- Sephora black pencil eyeliner
- Kate Super Sharp liquid eyeliner pen in BK-1
- Eazy Duz It mink lashes by Luxy Lash
Happy hump day everyone! :D
*This post contains commercial samples provided by the manufacturer for the purpose of review.
Oct 24, 2014 @ 10:40 pm StyleByCat
TGIF everyone! I'm sure we're all ready and excited for the weekend!
Anyhoo, I'm excited to share a new brand of luxury lashes with you all! They're called Eye Wear Lashes and they make some really beautiful products. You can tell that a lot of care was taken into consideration from the product to the packaging.
Oct 23, 2014 @ 08:12 pm StyleByCat
I call this one the Midnight Sorceress! :D I know I've been sharing a lot of Halloween-inspired makeup, so I wanted to add some festive nail designs in the mix as well.
This is pretty much the same technique that I use for my other glitter gradients. See my Halloween Disco Nails tutorial. However, the lighter part of the gradient begins at the cuticle of the nail as opposed to the tips.
- Revlon Moon Candy polish in Galactic
- Orly nail polish in It's Up To Blue
- Wet N Wild Mega Rocks polish in Slap The Bass
More Halloween-inspired nail looks to come, so stay tuned!
Oct 22, 2014 @ 02:22 am StyleByCat
Here's a rare, wearable look for special occasions, weddings, evenings, or even during the day. I love rose gold and I think it's especially appropriate during the autumn season.
- apply Bronze L'Oreal Lacquer Liner in an arc in the crease with an eyeliner brush
- blend out with Bdellium Tools Pink Bambu pencil brush
- apply Urban Decay Dark Horse over blended liner
- apply Colourpop Cosmetics Amaze to lid
- apply Eyeko Eye Do eyeliner to upper lash line
Oct 18, 2014 @ 08:15 pm StyleByCat
I've been meaning to share this sweet little jewelry collection with everyone! Pixie Hearts is a California-based jewelry shop that offers cute, original designs that are hand made personally by the artist. There are many adorable pieces available for every occasion! Since Halloween is coming up, I chose these lovely earrings which inspired me to do my jack o lantern makeup a little while back.
Oct 16, 2014 @ 04:23 am StyleByCat
Really quick post today! Just wanted to share a glittery cut crease that I did today. I chose a rose gold theme and Eye Kandy Cosmetics had the perfect color for my look: Taffy. I used the "fine" texture as opposed to the "superfine" to get as much sparkle as possible. This is a fantastic look for autumn due to the warm, rosy hue. Also good for fall/winter weddings for brides that are more dramatically inclined.
Oct 15, 2014 @ 03:27 am StyleByCat
Cosmetics are my cup of tea, but I also dabble in nail art, occasionally. That is, I either can paint my nails one color OR I sometimes do this gradient glitter thing that looks pretty impressive for how easy it is to do. You just need a little time and patience, but it's not that difficult at all.
Since Halloween is coming up, I decided to go for a fun, glittery party look that is still in the spirit of the holiday, but not too over-the-top.
- Seche Clear base coat
Oct 14, 2014 @ 05:01 am StyleByCat
So, this was just supposed to be a mint and gold glitter cut crease look, but a few of my Instagrammers mentioned that it looks like a Princess Jasmine inspired look. I must say I agree. :)
Products used for this look:
- Etude House Drawing Eye Brow pencil in Dark Grey
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
- Urban Decay Naked palette, Eldorado liquid liner, and Midnight Cowboy glitter liner in the crease
- Royal Care Cosmetics gel eyeliner in Mermaid Green
- Siren Cosmetics pigment in Heartbreaker
- Eyeko Eye Do eyeliner in Black
Oct 11, 2014 @ 10:38 pm StyleByCat
Well, that's a mouthful, but it is what it is.
I've been spending a bunch of time on Instagram and Pinterest and get so inspired by all sorts of makeup looks. Awhile back, I saw a makeup artist mask out a little heart in her eyeliner which I think is charming and whimsical as heck! I've been masking shapes into my makeup from time to time, since.
- Michelle Phan's Food Adventures in Vietnam
- Alice and Eric's Wedding
- Lion at Japan zoo tries to eat boy!
- Cow attacks despicable men stabbing a girl in an 'honor killing'
- Ways our Asian moms say 'I Love You'
- Cops bust ‘baby farm’ in India
- Hillary Clinton tries to woo Asian voters (eye roll)
- Air France stewardesses to wear headscarves on flights to Iran
- Empower the single 'leftover women' of China
- Myanmar’s ex-president becomes a monk days after leaving office
- Is Wendi Deng the modern day Eva Peron?
- Asian-Americans will soon be wealthiest Americans
- Tiger Woods will skip Masters
- Kim Jong Un is a pudge
- Man arrested for tweeting about Muslims
- Eagerly waiting for the return of 'Linsanity'
- Karrueche Tran being tapped for ‘Top Model’ judge
- The Bizarre Death of Elisa Lam
- North Korea sentences US tourist to 15 years of prison labor
- Director Danny Boyle to adapt Miss Saigon film??